Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tony’s Spiritual Awakening


Tony: I have been thinking about the meaning of cyberspace.
Tulip: Oh, lord. 
Tony: From your beak to God’s ear, Tulip. 
Tulip: He must have very big ears. I picture him like Dumbo. 
Tony: I think you lack spirituality, Tulie. 
That’s why you need cyberspace so desperately. 
Cyberspace is infinity for narcissists. 
Tulip: Are you on some new antipsychotic drug? 
Tony: Listen! 
Tulip: Have I a choice? You’re one parrot cage away. 
Tony: Cyberspace is our little infinity to conquer. 
It’s our chance to not be infinitesimal.  
Tulip: You’re giving me a headache. 
Tony: Blogging is our great outcry for individual significance 
in the face of mortality. LISTEN TO ME! PAY ATTENTION! 
Tulip: I want a divorce.  
Tony: Technology is our spaceship to God. 
Tulip: You can keep all the toys. Community property 
does not apply to parrots. 
Tony: I feel so liberated. 
I feel like my wings can stretch across eternity. 
Tulip: Planning to travel? I’ll pack your lunch. 
Tony: Oh, Tulip. I’ll miss you. 
Tulip: Don’t give it another thought. 
Tony: It’s a terrible thing to outgrow our companions  
Tulip: Via con dios. 



No comments:

Post a Comment